The SPring-8/SACLA Users Office is the gateway for all current and prospective users.
SPring-8/SACLA Users Office, User Administration Division
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI)
1-1-1 Kouto, Sayo-cho, Sayo-gun
Hyogo 679-5198 JAPAN
email: firstname.lastname@example.org (general inquiries)/ email@example.com (questions about visiting SPring-8/SACLA)
Location: 1st floor in the side wing of the North Building
Office Hours: 8:30 am – 7:30 pm, Monday through Friday
(closed on weekends, national holidays, and December 1: JASRI’s foundation day, and New Year holidays)
*Parcel that you sent to yourself can be received at the second floor of the Main Building (SPring-8/SACLA Users Office) as before.
As a rule, such service are not accepted at the North Building.
Details are described here.
Services of User Administration Division
1. Selection of Proposals for Public Use
• Invite public beamline proposals, and provide assistance for proposal review process
• Invite requests to construct contract beamlines and provide support for the screening/review process
• Help current and prospective users in every aspect of using SPring-8/SACLA
• Provide support for prospective contract beamline contractors
2. User Support and Service
• Provide information for current and prospective users (on the UI site and in periodicals: SPring-8 Research Frontiers, SPring-8 Beamline Handbook, etc.)
• Secretariat of the SPring-8 Users Community (SPRUC)
• Arrange reservations for the SPring-8/SACLA Guest House
• Library Information Management